This year, the emphasis is on experiencing the blessings by immersing ’In the Light of Great Compassion’ of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva, as participants wholeheartedly recite the six syllabus mantra. It is through this practice that one is able to quickly generate love and compassion. This is one of the best antidotes that will purify one’s negative thoughts and emotion, and bring about the well being of oneself. One can also share this love and compassion with the people around through dedication prayers.
- Creating a vast amount of merits and this will bring happiness and the causes for happiness in one’s life.
- The positive merits accumulated and dedicated will also help other living beings (including the non- humans) in the world to swiftly gain liberation from suffering.
- Purify negativities created from this life and the past.
- Generate positive thoughts of compassion, which will attract peacefulness and tranquility within one life, one’s living environment and the people around him/her.
- Ripen the good condition for one who is embarking on his/her spiritual path.
- Develop wisdom through continuous practice even after the retreat, able to lead one to experience the things in life with clarity and understanding.
- Plant the seed of Enlightenment and one may be able to liberate oneself from the six realms of existence if one has done the practice diligently, according to the Teachings of the Buddha.
- As the air-conditioning temperature is centrally controlled and we are unable to adjust the temperature according to requests, please bring along a jacket or shawl.
- To reduce the use of plastic cutlery and disposable cups during the retreat, all participants are highly encouraged to bring along their own cups for beverages & cutlery.
- Full timers’ tickets are priced at $120 and $100 (excluding the S$4 SISTIC booking fee). Both types of tickets are inclusive of the vegetarian lunches and dinners.
- The $120 ticket is for a seat in the Auditorium while the $100 ticket is for a seat in the Cultural Room.
- Sale of tickets is available from 15th Sept to 22nd Dec 2016 through SISTIC.
- Part timers’ tickets will be on sale during the retreat at Ngee Ann Cultural Centre, subjected to availability.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottles / thermals/ cups.
- You can send us a cheque, made payable to Mani Retreat Association and mail it to:
10 Stirling Road, #22-04. Singapore 148954
- Please indicate your name and address behind the cheque, so that we can send you an official receipt.
- For other types of sponsorship, you can also email us [email protected]
- We sincerely thank you for your generosity. May all living beings benefit from your kindness directly and indirectly, and may all gain enlightenment soon.
售票期为9月15日至12月22日。请向 SISTIC 购票。