This first 100 Million Mani Recitation Retreat was initiated by The Late His Eminence Drubwang Rinpoche in year 2001. Many, who had attended the retreat, saw positive transformations in their lives. As the organizer, we hope that we can continue this retreat to provide a channel to inspire people and motivate them towards a better living, physically and spiritually. This year, the emphasis is on experiencing the blessings by immersing ’In the Light of Great Compassion’ of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva, as participants wholeheartedly recite the six syllabus mantra. It is through this practice that one is able to quickly generate love and compassion. This is one of the best antidotes that will purify one’s negative thoughts and emotion, and bring about the well being of oneself. One can also share this love and compassion with the people around through dedication prayers.
The benefits are inconceivable, a very brief outline is:
- Creating a vast amount of merits and this will bring happiness and the causes for happiness in one’s life.
- The positive merits accumulated and dedicated will also help other living beings (including the non- humans) in the world to swiftly gain liberation from suffering.
- Purify negativities created from this life and the past.
- Generate positive thoughts of compassion, which will attract peacefulness and tranquility within one life, one’s living environment and the people around him/her.
- Ripen the good condition for one who is embarking on his/her spiritual path.
- Develop wisdom through continuous practice even after the retreat, able to lead one to experience the things in life with clarity and understanding.
- Plant the seed of Enlightenment and one may be able to liberate oneself from the six realms of existence if one has done the practice diligently, according to the Teachings of the Buddha.
The number of days is calculated to meet the 100 million recitations of Om Mani Padme Hung and also a chance for participants to settle down their minds, relaxing oneself in the recitation practice.
• As the air-conditioning temperature is centrally controlled and we are unable to adjust the temperature according to requests, please bring along a jacket or shawl. • To reduce the use of plastic cutlery and disposable cups during the retreat, all participants are highly encouraged to bring along their own cups for beverages & cutlery.
The blessing ceremony on the evening of the last day will be open to public and no admission fee will be charged for that session.
No, the organising committee members are volunteers who are not paid to run the event. They have contributed their time and efforts to make this event possible.
- You can send us a cheque, made payable to Mani Retreat Association and mail it to:
10 Stirling Road, #22-04. Singapore 148954
- Please indicate your name and address behind the cheque, so that we can send you an official receipt.
- For other types of sponsorship, you can also email us [email protected]
- We sincerely thank you for your generosity. May all living beings benefit from your kindness directly and indirectly, and may all gain enlightenment soon.